- Tularcitos Elementary School
- PTO Meeting Minutes
Minutes from 09-07-2016 Meeting
Tularcitos Elementary School PTO
PTO Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, September 7, 2016
Meeting called to order at 8:52 by Ola Rocha
Introductions by everyone present including names and ages of children
Principals Report – Kim Schott filling in for Ryan Peterson
Friday emails are being sent out to the address found in infosnap. Please make sure you are getting them and let the office know if you aren’t. After school enrichment will start next week. They are all 8 week sessions. Look for the next round in November. Remember you can check our school website for new news about the school and calendar updates. Always feel free come to office with any questions, we are here for you.
Treasurer’s Report – Vivianne Borgess
Our current report shows July and August of 2016. As normal for his time of year we are high in expenses – field trips and teacher stipends (19390) are the largest expenses. We have received income from spirit wear, bucks for bobcats, and a little from the amazon smile program. It appears we are over budget under the equipment and materials category because this year the bobcat folders were put under supplies instead of grants. We have over $34,000 in available funds at this time.
Approval of the Minutes –
Emily Frew made a motion to approve the minutes and Eric Fry provided a second.
· Fall Festival please stay after today’s meeting if possible for a fall festival meeting. September 30th is the date. It will start at 2:00 for kinder and 3:00 for everyone else. This year Fall Festival is the same date as Hoopla so if it will affect your family please plan for that. Siblings and others are able to attend this year. Hand stamps are 12.00. We are looking to pull volunteers from the high school instead of pulling on parents as much as in previous years. If you know anyone looking for extra volunteer hours please pass the word. Food Trucks are coming this year!!! This will allow parents to spend more time having fun and less time selling food. We will also still have Stirrup Cup pizza available. Boy Scouts will have a bake sale and possibly a Girl Scout caramel apple sale. We need a shaved ice person, possibly the one from Farmer’s Market. We will be looking for volunteers for supervising the inflatables. Please join us for the next Fall Festival meeting and look for more information coming soon!
· Yearbook – Linnea Terranova and Pia Garneau. The theme this year is around the Olympics. We are looking for photos/writings/anything around that theme. We need classroom photographers in each classroom. It was suggested that if a class doesn’t have one then we could just add that responsibility as a sign up to a party list/event or field trip. The deadline to submit photos for classroom is late January, 23rd. There is a second deadline for certain spring events in March. You and your business can sponsor the yearbook. It is 100.00 which will give you a business card size advertisement for your business or service in the back of the yearbook.
· Ways And Means – Ryan Peterson. The meetings have not been scheduled yet. Ways and Means is a committee that takes request by teachers for classroom needs (outside of stipends). There are 2 meetings per year. The committee will review the requests, then they come to our next PTO meeting to pass or deny the requests received.
· Talent Show – looking for new chair to organize
· Reading Week Chair
· Staff Appreciation Week –
· Boxtops – student council will likely be organizing managing that program.
· Grant Writer – there are lots of new opportunities to access grant funds. Lisa Marsh’s mother might be able to assisit with this role.
· Community Liason
No Screens for Ice Cream
September 12 -16th. We are encouraging and challenging all families to turn off the screens in their home from Monday, 9/12, after school to Friday, 9/16, when school starts. This means no TV, computers, ipads or smart phones for the week. In turning off the screens our hope is to encourage families to spend more time with one another not only reading, but playing games, eating meals together, and going for those family walks. The kids who complete the challenge are rewarded with an ice cream party for participating.
Parent Room Coordinator – Michael Lykken
Look for emails from Michael with updates for the room parents and classroom information.
Playground Popsicles with Peterson
September 22nd right after school. Enjoy time with friends and Mr. Peterson (including a popsicle of course) while the kids play on the playground. This is a new version of the previous Pastries with Peterson of years past. We hope you can join us!
New Business –
Amazon Smiles. Please register with Amazon Smiles so our school will start to see a percentage of Amazon purchases. Just go to http://smile.amazon.com/ and select Tularcitos as your nonprofit of choice. Then remember to go to the smile.amazon.com site when you shop on Amazon, and you can help us help the school!
Sept 12-16: No Screens for Ice Cream Week
Tues, Sept 20 at lunch: No Screens Ice Cream Party
Fri, Sept 30, 3:00-6:00: Fall Festival
***Wed, Oct 5 @ 8:45: PTO meeting
Thurs, Oct 6 at 3:00: Free Flue Clinic in Bobcat Hall
Oct 10-14: October Break
Mon, Oct 17: No School for Teacher Professional Development
Mon, Oct 31, Halloween Parade
Meeting Adjourned at 9:40 by Ola Rocha