WELCOME TO CUSD NUTRITION SERVICES
Free Meals Available During School Closure
The National School Lunch and Breakfast Program at Carmel Unified School District will continue to serve nutritious GRAB 'N' GO meals to students during school closure. Meals are free for all children age 18 and under regardless of what school they attend during this emergency crisis. No paperwork is required. The USDA requirement that children be present at time of meal pick has now been waived.
CUSD will provide free breakfast and lunch grab-and-go meals to individuals under the age of 18 twice a week.
Meals will be delivered on Mondays, with meals for two days, and again on Wednesday with meals for three days.
This program will solely be for the pick-up of meals. No meals can be consumed on-site. We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the school site and utilizing social distancing according to the protocol described below.
Meal Distribution Protocol:
- Family drives up to the curb and stays behind the cone.
- One car at a time will proceed to the serving area and park in front of the food table.
- Parent or child gets out of the car and picks up a meal package, (one package per each child in the family).
- Parent drives away and the next car can proceed to the serving area.
Meals will be available at these locations and times:
- Carmel Middle School student pick-up/drop-off curb: 11:30 pm - 12:00 noon
- Ventana Hwy 1 Pull-out : 12:20 pm - 12:40 pm
- Post Ranch Pond (Turn Out on the Left side of Pond): 12:50 pm - 1:15 pm
- Tularcitos Elementary School Bus loading zone: 11:45 am - 12:05 pm
- Cachagua Community Center Parking Lot: 1:00 pm - 1:30 pm
You will need to use your student's permanent ID (the long ID number) when you sign up for MySchoolBucks online payment.
Students use their 4-digit student ID numbers as their lunch number during the day.
Our online prepayment system does not require individuals to possess a Pay Pal account, but you will need a valid email address to set up an account. The convenience fee for using the new system will be $1.95 per transaction. If you elect to send payments by check or cash, the student’s ID number and full name should appear on the check or envelope to ensure that the correct account is credited. Check and cash payments may be delivered to the school secretary.
- Elementary Paid $4.00
- Middle School Paid $4.00
- High School Paid $4.00
- All reduced priced lunches are still 40¢.
Milk is available with all meals. All 8 oz. cartons are still 50¢.