WELCOME TO CUSD NUTRITION SERVICES
SCHOOL MEALS DURING COVID-19 SCHOOL CLOSURE
Due to the Memorial Day Holiday on Monday, May 25th, school meals, free to all children under 18, will be distributed on Tuesday May 27th and Friday, May 29th next week instead of on Monday and Wednesday.
The district is now providing weekend meals as well.
Meals on Tuesday will include the breakfast and lunch for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Meal packages on Friday are for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Meal times for the last week of school will return to the regular delivery days of Mondays and Wednesdays.
Meals on Monday will be provisions for Monday,- Wednesday. Meals provided on Wed. will be for Thurs.- Sunday and Monday's Breakfast.
Summer meal continuation has still not been confirmed for our district. We will send out a notification regarding summer feeding sites available as soon as we know. The USDA has not extended the eligibility for free meals to all children in the community at this time.
There is a Pandemic EBT payment available for families in addition to the free meals that you will automatically receive if you are on SNAP MEDI-CAL or other public assistance program. If you are not, you may still qualify but will need to apply by June 30th. Learn more at ca.p-ebt.org/info.
Meals will be available at these locations and times:
- Carmel Middle School : 11:20 AM - 12:15 PM
- Highway 1/Palo Colorado (pulloff area 400 yards south of Palo Colorado Road) : 11:35 AM - 11:50 AM
- Ventana Hwy 1 Pull-out : 12:20PM - 12:40 PM
- Post Ranch Pond (Turnout on the left side of pond): 12:50 PM - 1:15 PM
- Tularcitos Elementary School : 11:45 AM - 12:05 PM
- Cachagua Community Center : 1:00 PM - 1:20 PM
Meal Distribution Protocol:
- Family drives up to the curb and stays behind the cone.
- One car at a time will proceed to the serving area and park in front of the food table.
- Parent or child gets out of the car and picks up a meal package, (one package per each child in the family).
- Parent drives away and the next car can proceed to the serving area.
- MEALS ARE FREE TO ANY CHILD UNDER 18 DURING COVID-19 SCHOOL CLOSURES.