Carmel Valley High is now enrolling
for the 2019-2020 school year.
Call the school for more information
Santa Lucia Job Fair
2018-19 New School Hours
8:30am - 2:40pm Regular Day - Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri
8:30am - 12:00pm Minimum Day - Thursdays
Tina Gerow Selected as Monterey County 2018 Classified Employee of the Year
Carmel Valley High School’s own Tina Gerow, Secretary/Registrar, has been selected as Monterey County's Classified School Employee of the Year (CSEY) for 2018, in the Office and Technical Category. Tina was honored at an awards dinner on May 14th at the Salinas Elks Lodge, along with recipients in 5 other categories. CSEY winners move onto the California State Competition. Congratulations Tina!
Carmel Valley High School will prepare itsgraduates to be:
- who effectively articulate ideas in both oral and written form.
- who demonstrate competent use of technology in acquiring and presenting information.
Valuable Community Members:
- who adhere to acceptable standards of behavior.
- who show respect for self, others, and the environment by making responsible decisions.
- who use appropriate problem-solving strategies.
- who produce high-quality work.
- who are punctual, prepared, and productive.
- who use a variety of resources to answer questions and form opinions.
Dear Parents and CUSD employees: A Chicago colleague asked recently, “What is the name of your new school district?” “Carmel Unified,” I responded. “Unified? ” she inquired as though she had misheard. I quickly responded, “Yes, in Chicago we would call it a Unit District. It serves students in grades K-12. Actually we also have a preschool program here, so it’s actually pre-K to grade 12, but it’s about the same thing as a unit district.”
Mission StatementThe mission of Carmel Valley High School is to provide a challenging curriculum for each and every student. Our approach addresses the educational and emotions needs to students who come from various backgrounds. It is the expectation that all graduating students will become productive and caring members of society.