Coronavirus Updates and Information (COVID-19)
We have compiled all our communications distributed about Coronavirus (COVID-19) below. Please visit these links to view the most recent updates from our Superintendent and the DO staff.
Update: SCHOOL CLOSURE EXTENDED
From Monterey County Department of Education: All 24 school districts in Monterey County are in agreement that School Closure will extend through the end of the school year which for CUSD is June 5, 2020. We will continue to develop and support distance learning /remote instruction for our students.
Meal Pick-Up Information
CUSD will provide free breakfast and lunch grab-and-go meals on Mondays with meals for two days, and again on Wednesday with meals for three days.
Meals are free for all children age 18 and under, regardless of what school they attend during this emergency crisis. No paperwork is required, and children do not need to be present at the time of meal pickup.
We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the school site and utilizing social distancing according to the protocol described below.
Meal Distribution Protocol:
1. Family drives up to the curb and stays behind the cone.
2. One car at a time will proceed to the serving area and park in front of the food table.
3. Parent or child gets out of the car and picks up a meal package, (one package per each child in the family).
5. Parent drives away and the next car can proceed to the serving area.
The CDC recommends the following common sense measures to avoid the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer for twenty seconds, if soap and water is not available.
- Avoid touching your nose, eyes or mouth with your hands.
- Clean or sanitize commonly touched surfaces like doorknobs, light switches, and telephones.
- Avoid people who appear ill. Stay back at least 6 feet from someone who appears sick.
- When possible, avoid traveling to an area where there is an outbreak of 2019-nCoV occurring.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow, not your hands.
- If you feel ill, please stay home.
- Call ahead before going to the doctor.
Zoom with the SuperintendentDate: tbd
Superintendent Distributed Updates
- #WeAreCarmelUnified - Coronavirus Edition #5 May 8, 2020