SIGN UP FOR PEACHJAR
View Peachjar School Flyers
Captain Cooper Elementary Carmel Middle School Carmel River Elementary Carmel High School Tularcitos Elementary Carmel Valley High School Carmel Unified School District - Adult Education
The Carmel Unified School District (CUSD) utilizes an electronic flyer (e-flyer) distribution system, Peachjar, in an effort to improve communication, ensure a strong link between home and school, and to enhance community support and involvement in the schools. Every school, the district, and outside organizations use Peachjar to distribute district-approved e-flyers to families' districtwide. These e-flyers reduce staff time, save money, utilize technology, and are more environmentally conscious. In addition, these e-flyers are available for reference on each school’s website even after the email has been deleted.
Peachjar Parent/Guardian Accounts
Peachjar accounts are created based on email addresses provided to the schools by parents/guardians. Peachjar accounts are not necessary to receive or view e-flyers, rather they are used to personalize how recipients want e-flyers delivered.
If e-flyers are not received from Peachjar, there are two possible reasons:
- Peachjar emails are going directly to the spam folder. To prevent e-flyers from going into spam, add email@example.com to email contacts. When the first e-flyer is received, be sure to click "always display images."
- The desired email address is not on file. Please contact the school office to update or add email addresses. If an email address different than the one on file through Aeries is preferred, view the Peachjar Parent FAQs below for instructions on how to add email addresses to the Peachjar distribution list or to reset the password.
Peachjar is used exclusively for distribution of school-approved flyers. Email addresses are not shared with anyone, including the community partners who distribute flyers through Peachjar. If you need additional assistance, please contact Tricia Zarevich at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 831-624-1546 ext. 2021.
DISCLAIMER: Distribution of flyers through Peachjar does not imply endorsement by the Carmel Unified School District, its schools or staff, and is distributed in compliance with federal and state law.
Guidelines for E-flyer Distribution by Organizations Connected to the Carmel Unified School District – PTA, PTO, FOCUS, BOOSTERS, etc.
Organizations connected to CUSD work directly with site administrators to distribute and post e-flyers to their school communities free of charge. These e-flyers are posted at the discretion of the site administrator, in accordance with District policy and include the disclaimer, “Distribution of flyers through Peachjar does not imply endorsement by the Carmel Unified School District, its schools or staff, and is distributed in compliance with federal and state law.” Directions for distributing e-flyers through Peachjar are listed below.
Guidelines for E-flyer Distribution by Enrichment and Community Organizations Not Connected to the Carmel Unified School District
Peachjar flyers will not be approved for Community Organizations Not Connected to the Carmel Unified School District during end-of-school/summer/beginning-of-school (May 5th - September 1st).
CUSD recognizes the need by enrichment and community groups to distribute flyers to students and, as such, utilizes an e-flyer distribution system, Peachjar. Use of the CUSD e-flyer distribution system shall be under the supervision and control of the Superintendent or designee. Approval for e-flyer distribution is at the discretion of the superintendent or designee. Priority is given to organizations located within Carmel Unified School District boundaries who provide services within the District boundaries. The District reserves the right to deny any request.
In order to be distributed, e-flyers must:
- Community organizations/programs deemed useful and constructive for the growth of the students, to provide information to students and families about educational and recreational opportunities
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians
- Contain font not less than size 12
- May be submitted in both English and Spanish in the same document (e-flyers may have multiple pages without additional charge)
- Include the following disclaimer, which is auto-populated by Peachjar, using the exact wording shown below:
"Carmel Unified School District neither endorses nor sponsors the organization or activity represented in this document."
E-flyers will NOT be approved that:
- Are lewd, obscene, libelous or slanderous
- Incite students to commit unlawful acts, violate school rules or disrupt the orderly operation of the schools
- Promote any particular political interest, candidate, party or ballot measure unless the candidates or advocates from all sides are provided the opportunity to present their views to the students during school hours or during events scheduled pursuant to the Civic Center Act
- Proselytize or position the district on any side of a controversial issue
- Discriminate against, attack or denigrate any group on account of any unlawful consideration
- Promote the use or sale of materials or services that are illegal or inconsistent with school objectives including, but not limited to, materials or advertisements for tobacco, intoxicants non-nutritious foods and beverages, and movies or products unsuitable for children
- Solicit funds or services for an organization, with the exception of solicitations authorized in Board policy
The Carmel Unified School District reserves the right to deny e-flyer approval even if all requirements described above are met.
Questions regarding e-flyer approval please contact Tricia Zarevich, Confidential Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent at email@example.com or 831-624-1546 ext. 2021.