Carmel Valley High School is a small, rural, 40-student maximum continuation high school accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. In addition, many courses meet requirements for admissions to University of California.
Individual Learning Plans are developed for each student, and each lesson is given at that student's level of ability. This individual attention allows students to progress at their own rate. In addition, the personal and social needs of students are addressed, which creates and sustains a supportive environment that allows students to learn.
Parents work with staff to ensure pupil success. They become involved in planning the student's individual learning plan, receive detailed progress reports, and are informed of any important achievement of their child.
CVHS has four credentialed teachers. Teachers instruct in their areas of background, training, interest, and strength. Every instructor is committed to helping every student succeed.
Our assumption is that all students can improve academically and become self-responsible. This school creates a positive environment that assists the students in feeling capable, competent, and worthwhile.
Students are required to attend Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Students are expected to arrive on time. Students who are tardy will be placed by the principal in an additional period from 12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Carmel Valley High School provides a challenging curriculum in a structured environment to ready students for college and career goals.SCHOOLWIDE LEARNER OUTCOMESCarmel Valley High School will prepare its graduates to be:
- who effectively articulate ideas in both oral and written form.
- who demonstrate competent use of technology in acquiring and presenting information.
Valuable Community Members:
- who adhere to acceptable standards of behavior.
- who show respect for self, others, and the environment by making responsible decisions.
- who use appropriate problem-solving strategies.
- who produce high-quality work.
- who are punctual, prepared, and productive.
- who use a variety of resources to answer questions and form opinions.