Welcome to the Health Page


    CUSD Health Dept




    The California Healthy Kids Resource Center (CHKRC - https://www.californiahealthykids.net/home) maintains a comprehensive collection of health education materials for use by teachers, administrators, university faculty, LEA staff and other professionals who work with preschool through 12th grade students in school settings and after-school programs.

    The California Health Kids Resource Center was established to assist schools in promoting health literacy.  Health literacy is the capacity of an individual to obtain, interpret, and understand basic health information and services and the competence to use such information and services in ways that are health enhancing.

    Health literate students should develop a growing mastery of knowledge, skills and behaviors in four key areas:

    • Acceptance of personal responsibility for lifelong health
    • Respect for and promotion of the health of others
    • An understanding of the process of growth and development
    • Informed use of health-related information, products and services

    The California Healthy Kids Resource Center assists schools in their effort to promote healthy literacy by loaning specific instructional resources for ue either in the classroom or staff development sessions.



  • Rick Lopez
    Ph: (831) 624-1546
    Fax: (831) 626-4052

    Geri Simmons
    Confidential Administrative Assistant
    Ph: (831) 624-1546, ext. 2016
    Fax: (831) 626-4052

    Debbie Taylor, RN
    Certificated School Nurse/District Nurse
    Ph: (831) 624-1821, ext. 2014
    Fax: (831) 626-4313

    Melissa Anderson, LVN
    Licensed Vocational Nurse/River School
    Ph: (831) 624-4609, ext. 2293
    Fax: (831) 624-6633

    Ludmilla Nelson, LVN
    Licensed Vocational Nurse/Tularcitos School
    Ph: (831) 620-8195, ext. 2393
    Fax: (831) 659-1049

    Kathy Lockwood
    Health Aide/Carmel High School
    Ph: (831) 624-1821, ext. 3793
    Fax: (831) 626-4313

    Courtney Day
    Health Aide/Carmel Middle School
    Ph: (831) 624-2785, ext. 2697
    Fax: (831) 624-0839

    Carolyn Sinclair
    Health Aide/Captain Cooper School
    Ph: (831) 667-2452
    Fax: (831) 667-2760