Christina's Banana Nut Bread:
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 medium ripe bananas, smashed
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Step 2 In a large bowl, stir together the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the butter mixture until smooth. Finally, fold in the sour cream, walnuts and bananas. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Step 3 Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Mr. Morgan's Famous Grilled Pastrami Sandwiches:
- Deli pastrami cut into thin sandwich slices
- Sourdough bread
- Pepperjack cheese
- Butter two slices of sourdough bread and grill in a frying pan.
- Melt pepperjack cheese on sourdough bread while it is grilling.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and cook pastrami slices until warm.
- Place warmed pastrami slices onto melted jack cheese, top with pepperoncinis, and top with remaining piece of grilled bread.
Maia's Favorite Salad:
Meditteranean Salad Recipe
(Wash All Vegetables)
- 1 big head of romaine lettuce
- ½ an English cucumber
- 1 medium size tomato (optional)
- Medium sized lemon-squeeze
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spoon mint (fresh or dried)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 green onion (optional)
Chop all vegetables into small pieces, add squeezed lemon juice, olive oil, mint, and salt. Mix all ingredients and serve.