When writing a journal entry:
- Remember to start with an interesting opening sentence.
- Give at least 3 or 4 reasons or details in complete sentences.
- Have great telling sentences with lots of describing words.
- End with a strong conclusion or sense of closure.
Ideas for journal entries:
- What is your favorite thing to do when you play outside?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you play inside?
- What is your favorite sport to play?
- What do you want to be when you grow up and why?
- If you could go on vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What is something that you would like to learn more about and why?
- What do you want your next birthday to be like?
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- Write a story about the funniest thing that ever happened to you.
- Write directions on how to build something using words like: first, then, next, and last.
- Would you rather play in the snow or at the beach ? Why?
- Tell about a time you were kind to somebody.
- How do you grow a garden?
- Describe your pet or your sister or your brother.
- Write a make believe story about living in a castle.
- If you were a whale what kind would you be?
- If you could be any sea creature what would you be?
- If you could write anything you could...what would you write?
Last Modified on April 4, 2020