• Substitutes

  • CUSD is looking for qualified Substitute Teachers, Child Development Teachers, Bus Drivers, Food Service, and Custodial staff. 

    Carmel Unified School District is currently looking for qualified Substitutes:

    If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher or a classified substitute, apply on Edjoin. Be thorough when filling out the Edjoin application if you wish to be considered. We will review applications regularly and will contact you to arrange an interview if recommended. If you have any questions, call Alicia Lewis at 831-624-1546. We require all our substitutes be fingerprinted BEFORE we process any employment paperwork.



    Substitute Handbook

    CUSD Substitute Handbook

    Need To Renew Your Credential?

    How to Renew Your Credentials


    Substitute Teacher Pay - UPDATED 8/18/22

    Substitute Teacher AR 4121    
    1st thru 5th consecutive day $ 200.00/day eff:  7/1/22
    6th thru 30th consecutive day $ 225.00/day eff:  7/1/22
    30th thru 60th consecutive day w/sub permit $ 276.00/day eff:  7/1/22
    30th+ consecutive day w/prelim or clear credential $ 347.34/day eff:  7/1/22
  • Frontline Education

    Frontline Absence Reporting System

    Carmel Unified is using a new automated service called FRONTLINE (formerly AESOP). Available 24/7, it can be accessed via internet and phone.  Frontline provides you with the ability to set up your own “Preferred Substitutes” roster, and substitutes included on your list will be given preferential treatment by FRONTLINE. If they are qualified and available, FRONTLINE will notify them immediately when you register an absence.

    Login to the Frontline site at https://www.aesoponline.com


    Call the system at 1-800-942-3767

    Below are some training videos that will help you become more familiar with the program.  Please note that to access any of the videos, you will need to log into the Frontline program.


    QuickStart Guides


    Frontline Training Videos


    Should you need any assistance with the Frontline program, please do the following:

    • Contact your Site/Department Administrative Assistant
    • Call or Email Alicia Lewis in the HR Department at (831) 624-1546 / alewis@carmelunified.org
Last Modified on September 12, 2023