Welcome to the Carmel Unified School District's Curriculum & Instruction Department!
Our mission is to provide leadership, guidance and support in our district's effort to ensure the best educational experience to each and every student we serve. For the 2020-2021 school year, some specific district-wide areas of focus include:
- Supporting all teachers as we further our transition to the Common Core State Standards and Smarter Balanced Assessments
- Improving academic performance by implementing instructional strategies and support systems/interventions that address the needs of all learners
- Enhancing the development of Professional Learning Communities at all of our school sites and among school administrators
- Increasing the rigor and higher order thinking in all instructional areas
- Identifying and providing outstanding professional development that allows teachers to increase the use of instructional technology
Carmel Unified School District offers a balanced curriculum that provides for the academic, social, physical, and emotional development of each student. All areas of the curriculum are aligned with state or Common Core standards and are under continuous review by staff and administrators. Teachers play a critical role in curriculum development through their participation on textbook adoption committees and regular curriculum reviews/updates. Grade level and course curricula are reviewed as a part of this adoption process. All curricular changes go to the school board for approval.
Chief Academic Officer
Ph: (831) 624-1546 x 2030
Fax: (831) 626-4052Michelle MahaneyAdmin. Assist. to C.A.O.Ph: (831) 624-1546 x 2031Fax: (831) 626-4052Colin MathesonTechnology Instructional CoachPh: (831) 624-1546 x 2035Fax: (831) 626-4052Jennifer MartinT.O.S.A./ElementaryInstructional Coach - TularcitosPh: (831) 624-1546 x 2033Fax: (831) 626-4052Analis BansT.O.S.A./ElementaryInstructional Coach - RiverPh: (831) 624-1546 x 2032Fax: (831) 626-4052
HOURS8:00 am - 4:30 pmMonday - Friday
LOCATION4380 Carmel Valley RoadCarmel CA 93923