• File Your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) - The priority filing deadline for CSU's and UC's is March 2, 2022. Cal Grants will not be disbursed if no FAFSA is filed or is filed after the deadline.
    Helpful Financial Aid Information
    A variety of financial aid is available to students for vocational training as well as academic programs at colleges and universities.  To qualify for financial aid you must have "financial need" which is the difference between the cost to attend a particular college or school and what you and your family are expected to pay toward those costs (expected family contribution).  The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) may be used to apply for most aid programs provided by the state and federal governments and from public colleges and universities.  It is the form that determines the EFC.  Factors considered include family size, income, assets, parent's age, number of family members in college and unusual circumstances.

    Students must complete the FAFSA in order to determine eligibility for such aid as CAL Grants, Work-study, and Federal Loans.   

    Private schools and special programs may have additional selection criteria and application processes.  The "CSS Financial Aid Profile" is used by a variety of colleges, universities, and scholarship programs.  Students should check directly with each financial aid office of their schools of choice for specific information about student aid forms and programs.

    FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid
     Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education, ensures that all eligible individuals can benefit from federally funded or federally guaranteed financial assistance for education beyond high school.  We consistently champion the promise of post-secondary education to all Americans - and its value to our society. 

    How do I Register for my FAFSA ID Number?
    Step 1:  Go to FSA ID

    Step 2.  Click on "Apply Now"
    Step 3:  Read the directions carefully, then click on "Next"
    Step 4:  Enter your personal information.  After entering your personal information click on "Next."  DO NOT share your FSA ID number with anyone!
    Step 5:  Print out your confirmation page and save it for your records.

    Information about your FSA ID: FSA ID Information

    An FSA ID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (ED) websites. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED websites such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA®) site at fafsa.gov

    If you have any questions contact Mrs.Hunt in the College and Career Center at phunt@carmelunified.org 

    UC Financial Aid Estimator
    You already know that preparing yourself academically for college takes planning and effort.  So does managing the cost of your college education.  The University of California is committed to helping all academically eligible students attend, regardless of their economic circumstances.

    I Can Afford College
    The icanaffordcollege.com campaign is sponsored by the State of California and the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office and provides a portal of free financial aid information for students seeking to attend a community college.

    FinAid was established in the fall of 1994 as a public service.  This award-winning site has grown into the most comprehensive source of student financial aid information, advice and tools -- on or off the web.
    Department of Veterans Affairs
    The California Department of Veterans Affairs <http://www.calvet.ca.gov/>  (CalVet) wants soon-to-graduate high school students and their parents to know that free college tuition may available because of a parent’s military veteran status.
    The dependent child of a service connected (S/C) disabled or deceased veteran may be entitled to tuition and fee waiver benefits at any campus of the University of California, California State University, or California Community College system. Please see website for eligibility requirements.