Battle of the Books 2020The 15th annual CMS Battle of the Books, won’t take place until March, but the title list is available now, so that eager readers can get a head start and a leg up on the competition. The Battle of the Books is a reading competition during which students compete in teams of four to answer trivia questions based on twelve selected books. With four students per team and twelve books to read, some teams divide up the reading so each student only needs to read three titles. However, in the past the most successful BoB teams proved to be those where nearly everyone on the team had read most of the books on the list. The Battle is totally voluntary, and kids have an opportunity to win prizes while reading and having fun as a team in an academic competition. See Mrs. Thompson in the library with any questions.
The Battle begins March 23rd, 2020!
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
- Crossover (Kwame Alexander)
- Grayson (Lynne Cox)
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
- Class Action (Steven Frank)
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library (Chris Grabenstein)
- Refugee (Alan Gratz)
- George’s Secret Key to the Universe (Lucy Hawking)
- Alabama Moon (Watt Key)
- A Mango Shaped Space (Wendy Mass)
- Keeper of the Lost Cities (Shannon Messenger)
- Airborn (Kenneth Oppel)