Welcome!Carmel Unified School District (CUSD) spans Carmel-by-the-Sea, Carmel Valley, and Big Sur. CUSD has three elementary schools (Carmel River in Carmel, Tularcitos in Carmel Valley, and Captain Cooper in Big Sur), one middle school (Carmel Middle), and one high school (Carmel High). Additionally, CUSD has a continuation high school (Carmel Valley High), adult programs (Carmel Adult School), preschool and before/after school programs (Carmel Child Development Center).
Do you reside within the Carmel Unified School District boundaries?To verify if your residence is within the CUSD boundaries:
- Check the property tax bill to see whether "Carmel Unified Series" is listed.
- Download and install the free Google Earth application. Directions: Open Google Earth, open a new tab in your browser and go to Google Earth file prepared by the Monterey County tax assessor. Refresh Google Earth and under "My Places" click on "M_CO.Schools_Districts_Lgl". Enter the address you are inquiring about in the Search bar at the top left of your screen. When you see the address appear on the map, and the page has finished loading, click on the address (not the red balloon). A small window will pop up with the district of residence (the purple overlay on the map covers the residences within CUSD boundaries).
- To find out which elementary school your child would attend, you can download this file and then import it to Googel Earth, as with the district map above.
- Contact Anna Medina (831-624-1546, ext 2041) with a specific address.
Step One: ResidencyComplete a CUSD Residency Affidavit via the provided link (Residency Affidavit Link - English / Residency Affidavit Link - Spanish) and submit with required documentation. You will be required to submit three documents along with your affidavit to establish residency (accepted documents are listed on page 1 of the Residency Affidavit form).Notes:
- If you have more than one child please list all children on the same form and submit the Affidavit to any of the schools your children will attend.
- If there is a shared custody agreement, or a split family household, and one of the parents lives outside the district, the student(s) must reside within district boundaries for the majority (at a minimum, three) of school weeknights. (see Adminstrative Regulation 5111.1.)
Step Two: Documentation (for new students only)New Students:
TK/Kindergarten & 1st grade students entering school for the first time:
- Provide a copy of your child's birth certificate or passport
- Provide a copy of your child’s immunization records. Go to this quick guide to California's school immunization requirements for information.
Carmel Middle School students:
- Submit a Report of Health Examination completed by a physician. (This form due before the start of school. Not required to proceed with online registration)
- Submit an Oral Health Assessment completed by a dentist. (This form is due by May 31 of the child's first year in school. This form is not required to proceed with online registration)
- Complete an Elective Worksheet.
Step Three: Online Registration (Aeries.net)When residency is established your child's information will be entered into our student information system. Within 1-2 working days parents will receive an email from CUSD with information needed to login to the Aeries registration portal. Complete and submit your online registration.
Step Four: Follow-UpNotify the school Registrar when you have completed Aeries online registration. For students entering grades 9 or above you and your child must schedule and attend an appointment with the child's academic counselor.If you have any questions, or need to schedule an appointment with a counselor, please contact the site Registrar:
- Carmel High – Linda Galuppo: email@example.com or 624-1821 x2781
- Carmel Valley High - Tina Gerow: firstname.lastname@example.org or 624-4462 x2891
- Carmel Middle – Elaine Eldridge: email@example.com or 624-2785 x2693
- Carmel River – Connie Weilenmann: firstname.lastname@example.org or 624-4609 x2291
- Tularcitos – Lindsey Terry: email@example.com or 620-8195 x2392
- Captain Cooper – Kouri Spungin: firstname.lastname@example.org or 667-2452 x10