Drop-off and pick-up policy
· As we all know, parking is difficult at Tular and therefore drop-off and pick-up times can be challenging. To help things go a little more smoothly we ask for everyone to abide by the following guidelines.
· For student safety, do not drop students off or pick them up on the opposite side of the street as the school or in the middle of the parking lots. Please use one of the drop-off areas and pull up alongside of the curb. If you have to park on the side of the street, make sure to accompany your child to school.
· Students can be dropped off and picked up along Via Contenta, CV Community Center, the Pilot Road Parking Lot, and in the bus lane (only if buses are not present). Please follow the directions of the staff directing traffic to help drop-off and pick-up times go safely and smoothly.
· Kinder parents – park at Carmel Valley Community Center(CVCC) and walk your students to and from the classroom
· 1st Grade parents – for drop off,either use the bus drop off zone which is now open to 1st and 2nd grade parents only, or park at CCVC and walk your students to the door. For pick-up, park at CVCC and pick your child up at the classroom. All 1st graders need to be picked up at the classroom door so we can make sure they get home safely.
· 2nd Grade parents – for drop off,either use the bus drop off zone which is now open to 1st and 2nd grade parents only, or park along the street and walk your students to the door. For pick-up, park at CVCC and pick your child up at the classroom, or pick them up at the bus drop-off area.
· When dropping students off at the bus zone, we will not be allowing cars in the area if the buses are present so bus students can unload safely. After the buses have left the area we will allow cars to begin entering the bus zone again.
· 3rd -5th Grade parents – drop your students off or pick them up using the Via Contenta drop-off area or the Pilot Rd Parking lot. If you choose to drop your child off or pick them up at the classroom, please park along the street or in the Pilot Rd parking lot.
· If you have students at multiple grade levels – please use the zone for your youngest child
· Students and parents are not allowed on campus until 8:25 a.m. when we can provide supervision.
· Students need to be picked up by 3:00 p.m. There is no supervision after 3:00 p.m.
· Ifa student is not picked up by 3:00 p.m. they will be sent to the office to call their parent.
· Parents should communicate directly with teachers in the morning if an alternative pickup plan is warranted (e.g. student walking home, going home with someone different)
· Students may not play on the playground while awaiting parent pick up.