This year's Serve-a-thon was a tremendous success with our students raising nearly $82,000!!! Congratulations to all the students, CMS teachers and staff, and parent volunteers who helped make this fundraiser so successful!
Thank you to our sponsors!
A heartfelt thanks from the PTO for the generosity of the following businesses and families that donated items for the Serve-a-thon:
- The Sponsorship Collection Packets/Envelopes, donated by the West Family
- The materials for the succulent plant boxes that were built during the Wood Shop Project, donated by Succulent Gardens, Michael Kelly Insurance Services, and MJ Murphy Lumber and Hardware
- The many motivational raffle prizes, donated by Montecito-Sequoia Lodge (the Dally Family), Bay Bikes, Dr. Chad Cassady, Gusto's Restaurant, Sur Restaurant, Carmel Valley Roasting Company, Iolis' Pizzeria, Tom McPherson Construction, San Francisco Giants, Trailside Cafe, Running Iron, Scott & Rosaleen Ryan Trambley, Lafayette Bakery, Carmel Valley Video, Eco Carmel, Baja Cantina, Kathy's Little Kitchen, Fro N Joe Yogurt, and Yogurt Heaven
CMS students performed over 1200 hours of community service during this event! As a result:
- The SPCA received $900 to support their work during the Soberanes fire ($450 from cookie and dog treat sales, matched by $450 from the PTO)
- The Community Foundation of Monterey County Soberanes Fire Fund received $420 ($210 from succulent planter box sales, matched by $210 from the PTO)
- Firefighters and service men and women on active duty overseas received over 160 greeting cards expressing appreciation for their service
- Meals on Wheels received over 100 tray savers and over 60 decorative clothespins to send cheer to homebound seniors
- Local children entering foster care received 45 decorated keepsake boxes for storing their precious belongings
- Seniors in two retirement homes enjoyed a concert performed by CMS music students
- Del Monte Beach, the Habitat and the CMS campus were cleaned and beautified
- Students earned free rice for the United Nations World Food Program (by correctly answering vocabulary, history and math questions)
Thank you for your support, and kudos to all our students!